If you are looking to increase your business’s Facebook presence, it is important to know how to create a business page. A Facebook Business Page can be used for many different things, including promoting new products or services, engaging with customers and more! Here are the steps that you need to take to create a successful page:
- How to Create a Business Page in Facebook
- Things to Avoid when creating your FB Business Page
- Best Practices when creating your Business Page
- Get Paid to Use Facebook
- Ways to use your business page
- Tips for getting more likes on your Facebook Page
- Why you should be using this strategy in the first place
- Facebook Ads
- The benefits of having a Facebook Business Page instead of just personal profile
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
How to Create a Business Page in Facebook
First of all, log onto Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/<enter company name>.
Click on “Create Page” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Enter your desired title for your page into the text field labelled “Page Name.” Be sure not to use spaces or special characters as these will cause errors when you go to create the page.
Fill in the “Category” section so that Facebook can properly categorize your page.
Click on the “Create” button.
Things to Avoid when creating your FB Business Page
- Don’t use the default profile picture – it’s not personal
- Avoid using a business logo as your cover photo – this is for your brand, not your company
- Don’t add all your employees to the page unless they’re in charge of managing it
- Use a professional title for yourself on the “About” section e.g., CEO or Founder
- Add more information about who you are and what you do on the “About” section e.g., mission statement, values, etc.)
- Make sure there is no confusing language in any of your posts (e.g., don’t say “we’re hiring”) because that could imply that you’re looking for new employees when really you want to promote an open position)
Best Practices when creating your Business Page
- Keep your business page public so that people can find it
- Include a profile picture and a cover photo with a logo or slogan to make the page recognizable
- Add links to your website, blog, and other social media accounts to draw attention from potential customers
- Be consistent when posting – use the same tone of voice for all posts
- Create an events tab if you have anything going on that is worth promoting outside of your Facebook Page
- Make sure the posts are high quality and relevant; don’t spam users with irrelevant content or promotions!
Get Paid to Use Facebook
Ways to use your business page
There are many reasons to use Facebook for your business. Whether you want to drive traffic, increase sales, or build a community of loyal customers around your brand, there’s no better way than through Facebook.
Whether you are just getting started or have been using Facebook for years, here are some ways you can use your business page:
- Add a link to your Facebook business page on your website
- Use your Facebook business page as an easy way to promote new products and services
- Share pictures of what you’re doing at work, such as the office environment or a customer testimonial
- Post about any upcoming events that you’ll be attending, like conferences or trade shows
- Ask customers for feedback and suggestions on how to improve their experience with you
- Invite people who liked your posts in the past to “like” your page if they haven’t already done so
Tips for getting more likes on your Facebook Page
Getting more likes on your Facebook Page is a great way to increase engagement and build up the community you’ve been working so hard to create. But how do you get people to like your page in the first place? Here are some tips for getting more likes on your Facebook Page:
Post often and post consistently!
You’ve probably heard that posting often and consistently on a Facebook Page for Business is important, but do you know why? Well, we’re here to break it down for you. When your customers visit your page, they want to see new posts from people or brands they care about.
If no one has posted in a while, there’s a good chance those who have liked your page will lose interest and unfollow.
Make sure that when someone visits your Facebook page, there are plenty of reasons for them to stay engaged with it by staying active yourself!
Use Engaging Headlines
Use engaging (but not click-bait) headlines that will catch someone’s eye when scrolling through their newsfeed.
Engage with Content
Don’t just ask for “Likes” — give people an incentive or reason why they should engage with you by asking them to check out something specific, such as a contest, event, etc…
Join Facebook Groups
Join relevant groups on FB and engage with them. This is a great way to get your name out there in the community!
Follow a few brands that you like and comment on their posts. Remember, your goal is to engage with them as much as possible!
Why you should be using this strategy in the first place
There are many reasons why this strategy is so effective.
First of all, it’s free! Facebook for Business pages are completely free to create and use which makes them the perfect way to grow your brand without investing a ton of money up front.
Secondly, FB has over one billion active users every month who spend an average of 50 minutes per day on the site, so why wouldn’t you want to get in front of such a large audience?
Thirdly, Facebook has made it easier than ever for local businesses and marketers to reach out directly to their target audiences. The targeting options within FB ads make them extremely user-friendly and allow your business to home in on exactly who you want to see your page.
Facebook ads are an essential part of any business’ digital marketing strategy, which is why it’s so important for marketers and businesses alike to make sure they have a business account set up before getting started on their ad campaigns!
How can I get started using Facebook Ads?
One of the best ways that you can get started using Facebook ads is to run a contest.
While the use of contests as a marketing strategy has seen some backlash, they remain one of the best ways for businesses and marketers alike to engage with their current customers while also getting new ones excited about your brand!
To make sure that you’re successful when running a contest, follow these tips:
- Make sure to provide an incentive for people to like your page. This could be anything from a discount on their next purchase or free shipping!
- Make the contest about you and what it is that makes you unique rather than just another company with something they want (i.e., don’t give away a free car)
- Make sure to promote the contest on other social media networks in addition to Facebook. If you can get people involved across multiple platforms, your reach will be much larger!
The power of contests lies within their ability to engage existing customers while also helping businesses attract new ones through a fun and engaging strategy that is surprisingly effective!
The benefits of having a Facebook Business Page instead of just personal profile
Your followers will be easier to engage with since they were recommended by a friend or fan and asked to follow you – you’ll have greater reach, exposure, and engagement on your posts since people who already like your page are more likely to see your posts in their newsfeeds.
You can target ads towards specific audiences (i.e., people who like cooking, live near you, etc.).
It will be easier for potential customers and clients to find information about the products/services that you offer.
Get Paid to Use Facebook
Frequently Asked Questions
A lot of people ask if a Facebook Business Page is free. The answer is yes, but it can be costly. With the right strategy and tools in place, you’ll find that the cost of your page will quickly pay for itself!
A lot of people have more than one Facebook account. This is usually because they want to keep their personal and business life separate, or simply because they created a new account for the new year.
But what if you don’t want your professional and personal lives mixed? Can I separate my Business Page from my Personal Account on Facebook? Yes! It’s easy as pie!
The answer to that question is a resounding YES, but it may depend on the way you set up your Facebook account. When people want to see a timeline of what’s going on in their life, they go to their personal profile and not their business page.
However, if you have “friends” following your business page this will show up in the newsfeeds of other friends who are not fans or followers of your company.
It’s important to know if your Facebook Page is a business page because you’ll want to create ads for it and promote it on other social media sites. If you’re not sure, then here are some guidelines:
-Your profile picture should be of your company logo or an image of the company founders.
-Your “About” section should include information about the company and its products.
-You may also want to add a link in your bio that directs people back to the website where they can purchase items from this site.
Your business page is the key to your company’s success on Facebook. To avoid making mistakes that will hurt your marketing strategies, follow these best practices when creating a business page for Facebook. What are some of the things you’ve learned about how to create a successful Facebook Business Page? Share in the comments below!