It’s not hard to see why so many people are turning to Instagram for their social media needs. With over 700 million active users, it gives you a great chance of getting your content seen by an audience that is relevant and interested in the type of thing you’re putting out there. However, if you want to get more followers on Instagram, then it can take some work. Read this blog post to learn about 12 steps that will help increase your follower count without having to spend any money!
Note: This article is part of an Instagram Series.
- How to Get Followers on Instagram for Free
- Create a Quality Instagram bio
- Use relevant Hashtags
- Use a great Profile Picture
- Get People to your Instagram page through Other Social Media Platforms
- Post on a regular basis
- Create an Instagram Story
- Use an Instagram Growth Service for Free Followers on Instagram
- Post Videos and Pictures that People Want to See
- Comment on Other Instagram posts
- Make sure that you’re using the Explore Feature
- Keep Track of your new Followers and Delete those who you know won’t be a Good Fit for your Business.
- Tools you can use to Increase your Followers on Instagram
- Get Paid to Use Facebook, Twitter or YouTube
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
How to Get Followers on Instagram for Free
Create a Quality Instagram bio
Having a good Instagram bio can make a difference in whether people want to follow you or not. Sure, you could have the most perfect pictures but if the caption is bland and uninteresting then people are less likely to follow you back.
Tips for creating your Instagram bio
- Include your name, location, and occupation
- Add a link to your website or blog
- Describe what you do in one sentence
- Share some of the best things about yourself
- Tag at least five people that are following you on Instagram
- Keep it short and sweet – no more than two sentences!
Use relevant Hashtags
A great way to get free Instagram followers is by using a lot of relevant hashtags. This will help you find more people who are interested in the same things as you, and it can also show up on top of certain posts or when someone does a hashtag search for popular subjects.
Tips for using Relevant Hashtags
- Choose a hashtag that is on-brand with your brand, or one that reflects the content of the post
- Keep hashtags short and sweet – use no more than three
- Use relevant hashtags to increase engagement
- Experiment with different types of posts to find what works best for you
- Ensure the post has high quality images before posting it
- Don’t forget to tag other accounts in your caption so they can see it!
Use a great Profile Picture
Pictures are worth a thousand words. And with Instagram, they might be worth even more than that! When you post a picture on social media, people judge you based on the quality of your photo. People are more likely to follow someone with an appealing profile picture compared to someone who has an ugly or boring one.
According to research by North-western University’s Kellogg School of Management, having a better profile picture can result in up to 18% more followers.
So, if you want to get ahead on Instagram and gain some serious fans, take note of these tips.
Tips for using a Great Profile Picture
- Choose a profile picture that is relevant to your interests or brand
- Avoid using photos of other people unless you have their permission
- Take the time to find a good photo for your profile picture
- Make sure the photo is well-lit and not blurry or pixelated
- Try out different poses and facial expressions for your best option
- Be mindful of what’s in the background – don’t take selfies on top of trash piles, construction sites, etc…
Get People to your Instagram page through Other Social Media Platforms
A great way to get free followers on Instagram is by cross promoting with other popular pages and groups. This can be done in a multitude of ways, such as contributing high-quality content for others, tagging people in it so they know who shared the information, commenting on posts, and using popular hashtags.
Tips for getting people to your Instagram page from other Social Media Platforms
- Share your Instagram page on Facebook and Twitter
- Invite people to follow you on Instagram from other social media platforms
- Add a link to your Instagram account in the bio of your blog or website
- Use hashtags that are specific to the content you post on Instagram, such as #photography or #travelblogger
- Post high-quality photos with good lighting and composition
Post on a regular basis
If you want people to keep following your Instagram page, then it’s important that you post regularly (if not daily). If you feel like getting free followers is too much work, there are some ways for growing an audience without having to do anything at all!
Tips for Posting on a Regular Basis
- Post at least once a day, or as often as you can
- Use hashtags to increase your reach and find new followers
- Tag people in posts that are relevant to their work
- Engage with other Instagram users by liking and commenting on their posts
- Don’t post anything too personal or controversial – it will turn off potential followers
- Keep an eye on the comments section for feedback and criticism from others
Create an Instagram Story
If you want to get free followers on Instagram, then creating an Instagram story is a great way to do so. Stories are only available for 24 hours before disappearing, which means that people will have no choice but to check back in if they want more information about your company or products! You can also use the Stories feature to get more followers on Instagram by sharing tips, discounts, and exclusive offers.
Tips for creating an Instagram Story
- Include a hashtag that is related to your account
- Make sure the photo/video you are posting has good lighting and focus
- Use emojis to make it more interesting
- Keep story short – no one wants to watch an hour-long video on their phone
- Be creative with what you post, but also be mindful of what others might not want to see!
- Tag people in photos if they’re featured in the picture or video (you can do this by tapping the person’s face)
Use an Instagram Growth Service for Free Followers on Instagram
Getting real followers can be tough when you don’t have a lot of money or time. Luckily there are some great services that you can use to gain new users without having to do too much work. You can use a service like Followers + or Social Media Marketing World to get followers on Instagram and other social media platforms for free!
We all want to grow our following and increase engagement, but it’s hard work. That’s why Followers+ for Instagram was created. It’s an app that gives you the tools to take your account to the next level with just a few taps!
Their app provides users with many features (some are free) including analytics for gauging which posts are performing best, advertising campaigns where you can promote your content without spending lots of money, follower search so you can find people who are interested in similar topics as yours, and much more!
Whether you’re new or experienced – this is your one-stop shop for getting followers on Instagram.
Social Media Marketing World
Social media marketing world is a great place to grow your Instagram following because you can look at what other people are doing and emulate them.
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel; just see what works for others and do that! You can also learn about other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat…the list goes on.
The possibilities are endless with social media marketing world. So, get out there and make it happen!
Post Videos and Pictures that People Want to See
The best way to gain new followers is by creating high-quality content that your target audience will enjoy seeing. If you consistently post new content, then people will want to check out your page more often.
Tips for Posting Videos and Pictures
- Make sure that your subject is the only thing in the frame
- Keep it short and sweet – no more than 2 minutes long
- Use a filter to make your photo or video look like something out of a magazine
- Give followers some context for what they are looking at, so they will know why you posted this picture or video
- Tell people where you are posting from (city, state) if possible
- Tag relevant hashtags so people can find other posts related to yours on Instagram
Comment on Other Instagram posts
If you want to get free followers on Instagram without having too much work, commenting on popular pages is a great way of doing so. Don’t forget that when you comment, it always helps if you have something relevant to say about the post in question!
Tips when commenting on other’s Instagram Posts
- Keep your comment short and sweet
- Avoid using rude or offensive language
- Only comment on posts that are relevant to you
- If someone has tagged another person in the post, don’t tag them unless they’ve commented first
- Don’t forget to use hashtags! They’re a great way of finding new people with similar interests
- Be mindful of what you share – if it’s not appropriate for everyone, then it’s best not to share at all
Make sure that you’re using the Explore Feature
If you want more followers and likes, then make sure to check out Instagram’s explore section. This is a great way of finding new people who are interested in what you have to offer, and it can also help grow an audience as well!
Tips for using the Explore Feature
- The Explore page is the perfect place to find new accounts that are similar to your interests
- To get started, search for a specific topic or hashtag on Instagram
- Scroll through different results until you find one with content you enjoy
- Find more accounts by clicking “Follow” next to an account’s profile picture and choosing “Explore” from the drop-down menu
- You can also follow people who have followed you back by scrolling down their profile pictures in your home feed until you see someone who has added a heart emoji next to your name
- If there are no photo results, try searching for hashtags related to what you’re looking for!
Keep Track of your new Followers and Delete those who you know won’t be a Good Fit for your Business.
A great way to make sure that you’re not wasting time on new users is by checking out their profile first, as this can save you from some potential problems in the future. If it looks like they won’t be a good fit for your business, then it may be best to block them since they could end up causing problems in the future.
Tips for deleting followers that aren’t a good fit
- Delete any followers that don’t match your style or aesthetic
- Avoid deleting people who are following you back and have a high number of followers themselves
- Delete anyone who is rude to you, even if they follow you back
- If someone doesn’t like your posts anymore, delete them as well
- Remember that sometimes it can be difficult to tell when someone has unfollowed you on Instagram – so go through the list of those that haven’t liked/commented in a while and see if there’s anything worth keeping around
Tools you can use to Increase your Followers on Instagram
Following these steps can be a lot of work and time to maintain. It may seem like there’s not much you can do about it, but, there are plenty of apps out there that make Instagram less stressful!
Paid software that lets you grow your Instagram following.
It can be hard to grow your Instagram following organically, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend all day liking photos. Followers+ is a paid app that will help you gain followers on Instagram without having to manually like people’s posts.
If you’re looking for an easy way to get more followers, this is the right app for you!
Service for getting followers on Instagram.
Do you want to get more followers on Instagram? Then using a service like InstaFollow may be the solution for you! With over 300,000 users and counting, this app is one of the best ways to gain more attention.
It’s easy to use – just sign up with your email address and password, then choose a plan that works for you!
Cheap service to get more likes and comments on Instagram posts.
Instagress is an app that allows you to grow your Instagram account with ease. It’s one of the simplest ways to get followers for your feed!
With over 1 million users, Instagress can make anyone an Instagram influencer.
Instagress is a great tool for growth hacking on social media. The app will search through hashtags relevant to you to find new people to follow.
Powerful analytics tool for managing social media accounts.
Iconosquare is a social media management tool that helps you track, analyze and schedule your Instagram activity. It offers real-time analytics on your audience, helping you to improve engagement with an eye for what works best for your content.
The app also allows you to plan ahead by scheduling posts from the platform’s calendar or from its desktop version. Its easy-to-use dashboard provides access to analytical insights and reports: follower demographics, reach and exposure, hashtags used, and comments received.
And if all of this sounds like Greek (or Italian) to you – don’t worry; Iconosquare has a range of education options available via their blog!
Automatic scheduling tools for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Foursquare.
Social media can be a tricky thing. It’s hard to stay on top of the latest trends and constantly post new content without sounding like you’re trying too hard.
Crowdfire is an app that does all the work for you by posting relevant, timely content (and photos!) based on your preferences and interests. With this tool, you’ll never have to worry about staying engaged with followers or finding topics again!
Powerful dashboard to manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Hootsuite is a social media management platform. It allows you to post on all your social networks from one place, monitor conversations, and schedule posts in advance. You can also use Hootsuite as an analytics tool for websites or blogs. The best part? You don’t need any technical knowledge!
Get Paid to Use Facebook, Twitter or YouTube
Frequently Asked Questions
You are trying to grow on Instagram, but you feel like it’s so hard. You have been posting for weeks and still only have a few followers. It is time to get real with yourself about why that may be happening.
Here are some tips for growing on Instagram:
1) Be consistent- post at least 3 times per week.
2) Post quality photos- use filters or other editing apps if necessary.
3) Use hashtags in your captions (don’t overdo them!).
4) Don’t give up when you don’t see results right away… stick with it!
Firstly, give your followers a reason to follow you. Makes sure you post high-quality photos and videos that are relevant to the audience.
Also make sure that you engage with other Instagram users to promote their posts and increase your following.
Create an engaging bio that includes links, hashtags, and personal information about yourself.
Lastly, comment on popular accounts’ posts for more likes and followers.
There really isn’t a perfect answer to this question as every user has different goals and strategies. If you want more engagement with comments or likes, then posting during peak hours might be better for you while if you are looking to grow your following then getting those posts out at night could work better for that goal.
There are also other factors such as where people live which can affect the best times to post.
In conclusion, the best time to post depends on your niche, audience and other factors. Check when influencers in your niche (with a similar target audience) posts and refine your times from there.
1) Keep your posts unique and interesting.
2) Post on a regular schedule, but not too often.
3) Use hashtags to connect with other users.
4) Comment on the posts of others to show interest in their content.
5) Get more followers by following people who are similar to you.
6) Share photos that are high quality and visually appealing.
There are some questions you can ask yourself if you want to gauge the quality of your content:
1) Does your content make people feel something (emotions)?
2) Is it easy to read and understand the message you’re trying to get across in a short amount of time (clarity)?
3) Do people share your content, like it, and comment on it (engagement)?
4) Are there any typos or grammatical errors that need fixing (accuracy)?
5) Have you done enough research on the topic so that you can confidently write about it without sounding uninformed or unqualified for the job at hand (knowledge)?
If you’re looking for a way to increase your brand’s awareness, then you’ve come to the right place. You can use Instagram as a tool for marketing and advertising.
Here are some tips that will help you get started: Be sure to create an account on Instagram and put in your business information so people know who they’re following.
The next thing is to start posting pictures of what you do best! Post them regularly, but not too often or it’ll be spammy.
Lastly, don’t forget about hashtags – they make it easier for people who love the same things as you find your posts easily!
I know you’re thinking, ‘But I follow people back on Instagram!’ Well, not enough. I have a theory that if you don’t take the time to follow other people first – and then keep a healthy balance of following and being followed – your account will only stay stagnant.
This is because when someone follows another person’s account, they receive notifications from them in their feed. When this happens, it feels like an invitation to interact with the content.
To get more followers on Instagram, start by making sure you are following others yourself! If you want to always grow your audience size, be sure to give back what you’ve received.
1) Find out who they are and what their social media presence is like.
2) Figure out how to get in contact with them, whether it’s through a public form or email.
3) Be persistent – don’t give up if you don’t hear back right away.
4) Don’t be pushy or demanding when asking for something from the influencer but do make sure your requests are reasonable.
5) Offer value in exchange for any request you make of the influencer – this could be anything from a photo to an interview.
6) Follow up! It may take some time to get a response, so just keep at it until you hear back – and then follow up again after that!
Related Articles in the Instagram Series
- How to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing and Instagram
- How to Increase Followers on Instagram
- How to Monetize an Instagram Account
We hope this has helped you to figure out how to get Instagram followers for free. Remember, the key is to find a strategy that works for you and your business needs. If we didn’t cover some of what you were looking for in these tips, please let us know below! We would be happy to help answer any questions or brainstorm new ideas with you. Good luck on growing your following!